Committee of the Whole Meeting 5-26-21
Ida Public Schools
Committee of the Whole
May 26, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
In person in HS Cafeteria and Virtual via Zoom
1. At 6:00 p.m. Mike Mero Jr., President, called the meeting to order.
Roll call of board members
Present: Lauren Calkins, Matt Darr, Jamie Hunter, Sarah Lambert, Mike Mero, Jr., Heather Schafer and Ryan Winkelman
Staff present: Superintendent Sandy Kreps; Principals Chuck Fuller and Dave Eack; Assistant Principal Stacy Maynard; Transportation Supervisor John Elkins; Technology Assistant Daniel Maenle and Secretary Janie Dressel
Other attendees from the Building Committee and community were present.
It was determined a quorum was present. Mr. Mero welcomed the public.
2. Sandy Kreps, Superintendent - Overview of Facility Study and Building Committee Role and Mission
3. Jeremy Nadeau, Community Member/Parent/Alum - Where We Have Been and Where We Are Now
4. John Elkins, Ida Public Schools - How We Went From 99 mil to 44 mil
a. 5 to 20 Year Strategic Plan in process
5. Bernie Porn, EPIC - Community Survey
6. Jeremy Nadeau, Community Member/Parent/Alum - Prioritization Process
7. Gary Stellar, Clark Construction - Breakdown
8. Kari Blanchett, PFM - Cost Per Household
9. Paul Metz, Ida Township Supervisor/Community Member - Action Steps
11. Mike Mero Jr - Board Consideration
12. Motion to Adjourn
A motion was made by Sarah Lambert, at 7:19 p.m., supported by Ryan Winkelman, to adjourn the May 26, 2021
Committee of the Whole meeting.
The roll call vote passed 7 to 0.